Movie-goers this week are in for a treat this weekend as most of the films have received a vote of acceptance from both the critics and the audience. A look into what's new this time around
- Imaikaa Nodigal (Tamil): Primarily about a cat and mouse game between woman CBI officer and a psychotic killer at loose, Imaikaa Nodigal is being unanimously praised for one factor i.e. Anurag Kashyap. The movie has also scored well in terms of its technicals (music, visuals and editing) the films stands tall with an aggregate of 63% in our movie ratings. (Review Here)
- 60 Vayadu Maaniram (Tamil): A remake of a Kannada movie, this Radha Mohan directed venture revovles around a son in search of his missing father with Alzheimer's. The movie can be definitely watched for it strikes the emotional chord with the viewers. (Review Here)
- Annanukku Jey (Tamil): A film that deals with the conflicts of people in the primary level politics, Annanukku Jey is off to a good start and the film is being liked for its light humor and entertainment quotient. The movie stands with an aggregate of 61% in our ratings.
- Searching(English): An investigative thriller, this Hollywood flick revolves around a single dad who uses his teen daughter's laptop and her digital foot-prints to trace her when she goes missing. The movie has been tagged as an engaging watch especially because it is from a first time director, Aneesh Chaganty. (Review Here)
- @Nartanasala (Telugu): A film made with the aim of being comedic hasn't worked well with the viewers and Naga Shaurya seems to have bitten the dust yet again, despite experimenting with the less traveled path of gay comedy.
- Stree (Hindi): A Hindi horror comedy is not something one hears often and Shraddha Kapoor, Rajkumar Rao starrer Stree is one of those. Based on an urban legend in Chanderi, Streecan be you fun para-normal watch this weekend if you like horror films.
- Yamla Pagla Deewana Phir Se (Hindi): Despite being a part of a hit franchise, this latest edition of Yamla Pagla Deewana with the Deol family has not been up to the mark. The film has been given a thumbs down for the most part.