For 2 months now, Canada based magician Raman Sharma has been fighting a very public and one-sided war with Sri Thenandal Films over the non-payment of his remuneration from Vijay starrer Mersal. He has posted screen-shots and video recordings of his conversation with the producers and production managers at Sri Thenandal Films, with no reaction whatsoever from the production side.
Now, in a detailed account, Raman Sharma has opened up in a video confession to a leading daily recounting what and how it went down. Excerpts from his strongly-worded video account:
- I worked on Mersal for 5 months. The remuneration for my services were Rs. 4 lakh and 32 thousand rupees and I was paid Rs. 1 lakh in advance, which was paid in cash.
- I don't know why I haven't been paid (in full) because the other two magicians Danny and Gogo who worked for 8 days were paid. And I was friends with everyone too including Hema (Rukmani) and Murali.
- I met Vijay and his family in September in Toronto but I haven't even mentioned this to him nor do I want to. This is between me and the production company..No, Vijay hasn't paid me nor would I accept anything from him.
- H. Murali (production manager at TSL) - he threatened me saying that if I didn't take my tweet down I wouldn't get paid anything. Originally when I went to twitter they (Sri Thenandal Films) called me and said, " Take your tweet down and we'll pay you Rs. 2 Lakh" (which Raman Sharma refutes demanding the full balance to be paid).
- H. Murali and Hema - those two have just been horrible through this whole thing. They are ignoring everything, they've blocked me. The same people who are making movies about anti-corruption are corrupt themselves. Hema is just a diva..She doesn't care, no sense of responsibility. You want your name on the movie and get all the attention it brings but you don't want to pay your workers. I mean have some self-respect..