After delivering two back-to-back box-office hits namely Doctor (2021) and Don (2022), actor Sivakarthikeyan is going in for the hat-trick with his upcoming release Prince. A quick SWOT analysis of the romantic comedy that releases in theaters tomorrow (October 21, 2022) follows:
- Writer, director Anudeep KV's last hit outing Jathi Ratnaalu had good humour and his follow up film Prince has Sivakarthikeyan and Sathyaraj - Kings of comic deliveries. This added with a family-friendly genre is the biggest strength of Prince.
- Movies these days should have at least one viral song by thumb rule. Composer SS Thaman and Sivakarthikeyan with his incredible dance, have ensured it with the Jessica song from Prince.
- Despite being a Diwali release, buzz surrounding Prince's release seems overall average.
- Prince's Diwali release means it gets a four-day holiday opening. Good word of mouth could ensure big moolah at the box-office.
- Ticket prices this Diwali season start from Rs. 190 instead of Rs. 120 and they are expected to be priced as such in the first four opening days. This has already left a lot of movie-goers in Tamil Nadu disgruntled.
- Added to this, Prince is opening against a spy action thriller titled Sardar at the box-office. Mani Ratnam's Ponniyin Selvan: Part One still going strong in theaters and its movie tickets being available for Rs. 120 isn't helping Prince's cause either.
Also Read: 5 Reasons to watch Prince